... or HydroGraphics to the rescue!
This is gonna be a short post or rather pictorial of one of my past projects.
After disassembly and cleaning of around twenty A500s, I realized that some cases are made of a bit different plastic. These different plastic cases tend to turn yellow heavily and will not evenly retr0bright. I did run 3-4 rounds of retr0brighting and results were still poor. I've ended up with three cases that simply looked ugly. I left it for a while and repaired the remaining 17 units.
In the meantime, we had a discussion on our Lamers group channel. Willy/Lamers suggested trying out hydrographic method. I was a bit skeptical after reading about this technique. It is not easy to properly apply this thin film onto an object that has many small details. There are also a lot of conditions that have to be met in order to get good results ...
However, the challenge was accepted and I decided that I'll give it a go and below are results of my work :)
All three together